Thursday, February 3, 2011

NARS Happy Days Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil

I picked up NARS Happy Days today when I wandered into Nordstrom to try to find a new foundation. Coincidentally, they had just gotten the Spring stuff in, so I picked up my preorder for NARS Calanques, as well as one of the new gloss pencils. In my opinion, Happy Days was the best one out of the bunch, and thus, it came home with me. I did think that Baroque and Frivolous were kind of pretty, but Frivolous was too sheer and nothing special to me, and Baroque, while pretty, seems a little frosty on my lips, but I didn't have a whole lot of time or attention to devote to deciding on it. I figured I'd pick it up later if necessary. Happy Days is a beautiful coral color with gold shimmer. It's really not as warm (or sheer) as my camera suggests, but my camera likes to wash things out sometimes.





I'm fairly happy with this, though I feel like it was a tad pricey at $24, as I feel like it's kind of similar to the discontinued Stila lip glaze sticks (which I loved...coincidentally, the 2 I own are MIA). I would probably say that I prefer the Stila ones though, as the Stila had a bit more slip to them and smelled nicer. They were also cheaper than the NARS pencils, even at full price. Happy Days has this slight chemical/waxy smell to it to me when I first apply it that I didn't notice when trying out Baroque. It fades off within minutes though, so it's nothing that really bothers me.

Overall, I'd say it's worth picking up and trying if the colors of the gloss pencils appeal to you and you have the cash, though it wouldn't be the end of the world if you couldn't get at them.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm was thinking about this shade but you may have changed my mind. It's $50 here in Aus so may not be worth the risk!

    ReplyDelete