Friday, January 23, 2009

Shu Uemura at Lancome CCO

I love a good deal whenever I can get one, so recently I have been visiting the Lancome and Estee Lauder outlets every so often to check out what they have. This week, the Lancome outlets were having a special sale on their lipsticks and lipglosses where lipsticks were 2 for $15 and lipglosses were 2 for $10. I picked up two Shu Uemura lipsticks in Serene Pink and Pink Bloom, Limited Edition shades from last spring's collection, a Shu Uemura Sweet Gloss in Peach, and a Lancome Color fever gloss in Heatstroke (more on that one in a different post later).

Both lippies are lightweight and go on sheerly with a bit of a glossy finish. Pink Bloom is a nice, bright warm toned medium pink that I can picture myself wearing a lot in the spring and summer months. It's similar in color to Dior Ultra Gloss Reflect in Pink Liberty, which was also released last spring (Pink Liberty has a bit more orange in it). Serene Pink, unlike it's name, is not Pink in any way at all, but a nice nude beige. It's good for those days you want to play up your eyes but not your lips, but personally, I would have wanted it to have more pink in it as I find it a bit close to my skin tone. (which is a good thing it's sheer). I basically picked this one up because it was cheaper for me to buy two lippies instead of just one and I didn't think it was necessary to own two of the same lipstick.



The Shu Uemura Sweet Lip glosses are sheer glosses that smell exactly as they are named, and are probably the stickiest glosses I have ever come across. The one I picked up, Peach, is a somewhat bright orange in the tube, but goes on sheer, leaving a peachy tint on my lips. It has pretty decent staying power, probably due to its stickiness. I'm not too fond of the gloss itself, but I love the way it smells and it's not drying for me, so I'm still debating about whether or not I should keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment