Friday, January 23, 2009

Stila Lip Pots

Stila's lip pots are potted tinted lip balms that come in cute little glass jars with a floral print on them. There are 7 shades in total and they retail for $17 USD each or for $25 for a set of 5 of them. I have been intrigued by these since Stila's warehouse sale last month so I ordered the set from Stila's website; http://www.stilacosmetics.com/ for $25 on Monday, which arrived today via UPS.





The set included the shades pecan, amande, baie, mandarine and cerise.




  • Pecan gives a nude tint to the lips
  • Amande gives a brownish nude tint to the lips
  • Baie gives a really pretty mauvey pink tint to the lips
  • Mandarin, which looks fairly orange in the pot, gives a slight peachy tint
  • Cerise, which looks red in the pot, gave me a corally pink tint


All of the potted balms go on sheerly, imparting just a hint of color to my lips with a glossy sheen. The texture is light, somewhat jelly-like and moisturizing without any stickiness, which I was quite pleased with.
They are comparable to MAC's tendertones, in my opinion, in terms of moisturizing ability, though they are of a much lighter texture and less sticky. They also don't last as long as MAC's tendertones because of this. On first try, just sitting around with one applied on my lips, it took just over an hour for the balm to dissappear completely. Because of this, I would say that I would buy these balms again because they look and feel really good, but I would never repurchase them at their full retail price, but I would repurchase them at the price of the set, or off of http://www.beautycrunch.com/ when it pops up on there.

2 comments:

  1. While I personally don't buy or use panned lippes, they always look so cute don't they? Love the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you presented these products. It makes me buy one as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete