Saturday, July 27, 2013

NARS Realm of the Senses and Soulshine Blush Palette Swatches and Comparisons

 I got the new NARS palettes today from Sephora. Each comes with 3 colors and a NARS logo emblazoned across the shades in gold overspray.
Here are swatches of Realm of the Senses;Left, Right, Bottom, and swirled together. According to Sephora, Realm of the Senses palette includes a flirty, sheer peach; shimmering bronzed rose; and sparkling gold sand. 

 I compared these to some of the existing blushes to see if there were any dupes...the peachy pink shade was similar to Deep Throat and Orgasm, but was brighter, and a bit more flattering than any of the existing shades. Lovejoy looked pretty spot on for the right shade.
 Soulshine swatches; Left, Right, Bottom, and swirled together. According to Sephora, Soulshine palette features a peachy pink with gold shimmer; a sheer golden apricot; and a soft rose tone with golden shimmer.


 Again I compared these to existing shades. Soulshine L is pinker than O, Soulshine R is peachier/brighter than Luster, and bottom shade is a bit redder than Outlaw, but not by much. New blushes seem a lot softer than the old formulation so it's possible shades have changed since I bought my full sized ones.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty,I'm tempted though these may be a bit too intense on my pale skin :) I wonder if Nars will reformulate all the blushers to this formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they'll be too intense, especially when used with a light hand. I was definitely still using my NARS blushes when I was at roughly nc15 myself :]

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm sure I can be tempted to give at least one a whirl then :)

      Delete